>> Remembrance & War Memorial
Remembrance & War Memorial
The Parish Council owns and maintains Hadley War Memorial which is situated in Manse Road, Hadley adjacent to the village green. The Council also arranges the annual Remembrance Parade and service each year on Remembrance Sunday. The Parade has always been strongly supported and continues to grow each year. Members of the regular and volunteer armed forces, ex-services organisations, cadet groups, scouts, boys brigade and many others join councillors for the parade which includes a service of remembrance at the war memorial.
The Parish Council commissioned a bronze plaque in memory of the late Harry Patch, who prior to his death in 2009 had become the last surviving veteran of the trenches of the first world war - the "last Tommy". Harry had a link with the Parish, being married to his first wife Ada at Holy Trinity Church, Hadley in 1919.
In memory of the late Harry Patch - the last surving Tommy
The War Memorial
The War Memorial in Manse Road, Hadley was unveiled in 1952. The memorial commemorates the fallen of two world wars and is the focal point for the annual Remembrance Parade and Act of Remembrance on Remembrance Sunday.