HADLEY AND LEEGOMERY PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE UNDER LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT, 1972
PUBLIC NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a casual vacancy has occurred in the office of Councillor for the Apley Castle Ward of the Parish of Hadley and Leegomery following the failure of a Councillor to deliver their declaration of acceptance of office within the proper time.
Rule 5(2) of The Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) (England and Wales) Rules, 2006 now applies.
The rule allows TEN ELECTORS for the ward in which the casual vacancy has arisen to request the Returning Officer to hold an election to fill the vacancy.* That request must be made within FOURTEEN DAYS, calculated in accordance with the rules,** of the date of this notice. The fourteen-day period ends on 25th June 2019.
What if a request to hold an election is not received during the permitted time? Rule 5(5) of the above Rules will apply. The Parish Council must, as soon as practicable after the expiry of the fourteen-day period, co-opt a person to fill the vacancy.
The Returning Officer’s address is Electoral Services Office, Telford and Wrekin Council, Addenbrooke House, 4th Floor, Ironmasters Way, Telford TF3 4NT and his telephone number for further guidance is (01952) 383201.
This notice is dated 5th day of June 2019.
Clerk to the Council
* There is no form of words for this request, which might simply be a letter headed with such words as “We the undersigned being electors for the Ward of … Parish, call for an election to fill the vacancy arising from the resignation of …”. It is helpful if the ten signatures are accompanied by printed names and addresses.
** In calculating the notice period, day one is the day following the date of this notice; a Saturday, Sunday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday or a Bank Holiday or day appointed for public thanksgiving or mourning shall be disregarded, and the period closes at midnight on the fourteenth day after the date of this notice.
HADLEY AND LEEGOMERY PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement: 4 June 2019
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2019, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Jonathan Brumwell, Clerk to Hadley and Leegomery Parish Council
Hadley Community Centre, High Street, Hadley, Telford, TF1 5NL
(01952) 245501 (email@example.com)
commencing on Monday 17 June 2019
and ending on Friday 26 July 2019
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by: Jonathan Brumwell, Clerk to the Council