The Parish Council sets an annual budget which details its projected income and expenditure for the financial year which runs from 1st April to 31st March. The budgeting process enables the council to determine how much it needs to fund its services for the year, and agree the amount of its precept for the coming year (the amount it will request from the principal council for its area to be collected through council tax).
At the end of each financial year local councils are required to publish an Annual Return which includes its Statement of Accounts, an Annual Governance Statement, the report of its Internal Auditor and its External Auditor’s Certificate and Opinion.
Local councils adopt Financial Regulations which set out financial management procedures based on statutory requirements.
Notice of conclusion of the audit - Annual Return for the year ended 31st March 2018Notice of Public Rights and Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance and Accountability Return - Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2018
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
Notice of conclusion of the audit - Annual Return for the year ended 31st March 2017
1. Date of announcement: 8TH JUNE 2018
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Jonathan Brumwell, Clerk to Hadley and Leegomery Parish Council
Hadley Community Centre, High Street, Hadley, Telford, TF1 5NL
commencing on Monday 11 June 2018
and ending on Friday 20 July 2018
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by: Jonathan Brumwell, Clerk and RFO
To view these documents, please click on the links below: